Health Care Reform
The new health care reform legislation has and will cause many changes to the health insurance industry. If you have any questions, check the web site links below or feel free to call us for clarification. We will give you our best interpretation of the law. You may also want to talk to your accountant and/or attorney for more information.
Please understand that all of this information is subject to change!
Changes for 2010
- Small Employer Tax Credit
- Get more information from the IRS website.
- Lifetime Limits
- There will be NO Lifetime Limits
- All plans are affected
- Small group markets are not going to be grandfathered by choice of the insurance carriers in some states.
- Dependant Care Coverage
- Check the dol.gov website for more information regarding dependant coverage for adult children.
- Pre-Existing Conditions
- All plans will have to cover pre-existing conditions for children up to age 19 for plan years beginning on or after September 23, 2010.
- Grandfathered Plans
- Check out the healthreform.gov website for more information regarding Grandfathered Plans.
- Preventive Care Coverage
- No cost sharing will be allowed.
- Specific services covered will be finalized soon.
Changes for 2011
Changes for 2012-2013
Changes for 2014
Other links of interest: